Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 190 - 193: Olay, Tae Bo, Workout Partner and Din Tai Fung!

It's been a fantastic week - one filled with work and workouts!

Let's do a quick list of highlights.

a) Work - Even though the official effective date of my new assignment on Olay is from August 1, I had already started on pretty intensive onboarding and my calendar has started to fill up with Olay meetings. This is probably the most exciting part of any asssignment - when you first start on it. The learning curve is steep and it is always exciting to learn about a new business, its strengths and its challenges. I have been thoroughly enjoying myself so far!

b) Workout highlight 1: Tae Bo!
There were a few interesting highlights at the workout front, so am gonna put them into separate points. So the first highlight is that I discovered Tae Bo - which is a form of aerobic exercise that combines Taekwondo and Boxing, found by a guy called Billy Bankers in 1976. I believe kickboxing is a modified version of this because Tae Bo itself is trademarked by Bankers. Now that I had a fantastic kickboxing workout last week, when I discovered Tae Bo videos online, I wanted to try it out. And what could be better than a Tae Bo workout video led by its founder, Billy Bankers himself! So yes, I tried this 48-minutes high intensity cardio workout. And it was deliriously awesome! I loved all the moves and the pace but more than anything else, I loved the way the supporting Tae Bo enthusiasts on the video kept chanting "1-2-3-4...." throughout the 48 minutes. It was almost like some military drill and it really added a good kick and punch to the workout! Totally love this new discovery!

c) Workout highlight 2: Partner!
I got a partner to workout with when I do my DVD circuit training. None other than my dear hubby. He happened get home at about the same time I was starting on the workout, so I invited him to join. After some initial resistance (he is not a big fan of exercising), he join in. It was so much more fun to go through the routine workout with a partner than doing it all alone. Throughly enjoyed it!

d) Workout highly 3: 10 in a row!
As of this day, including kickboxing, Tae Bo, circuit trainings, Yoga and walks, I have worked out 10 days in a row! So proud of myself!

e) Din Tai Fung: Din Tai Fung is our most favourite Chinese restaurant in Singapore. We go there pretty often but the highlight this time was introducing it to my parents. Sure, we had to queue for an entire hour before we could even get seats, but the wait was well worth it! My parents LOVED the food! We stuffed ourselves with Steamed bean curd in honey sauce, Oriental wantons in chilli oil (both were new discoveries, and extremely fantastic discoveries at that!), Duo Mian in garlic (a kind of green leafy vegetable),  Xiao Long Bao (dumplings filled with minced pork and soup - I love the feeling when the dumpling breaks open and the soup fills your mouth with a rich a taste, once you bite into it!), steamed vegetable and pork dumplings, as well as egg and shrimp fried rice. So satisfying!

Yes, great workouts, great food, great time at work, great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment