Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 135: When the 'Industry' Speaks!

I am what you call an amateur film maker. I write, produce and direct films with absolutely no knowledge or training on how these things are to be done. Most importantly, I do it without even the remotest connection with the actual film industry that exists out there.

So when I get feedback from a person in the industry about a film of mine, it means a lot. Like, a LOT.

The last time that happened was probably in Dhaka... when I represented my film Mausams at the Dhaka Internation Film Festival in January 2012. Then I had received very encouraging feedback from professional film makers - from Bangladesh, India and even Japan. Needless to say, that had made feel over the moon.

Today, I received feedback from a film maker from the Malayalam film industry. He had watched Inganeyum Oru Katha and dropped me a congratulatory message on Facebook.  That was already pretty nice of him but later I  saw that he had also shared the film on his own profile which led to surge of views and following comments, many from other assistant directors, digital media artists, scripwriters and others also from the industry.

It took me right above and beyond the moon! It made me feel like real film maker! God bless them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment