Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 133: Art Friend!

Art Friend is this really awesome shop in Singapore that sells art supplies. And by "art supplies" I mean every single thing that one can even remotely relate to art! I just love...absolutely LOVE.... visiting Art Friend! 

Thanks to an absolute absence of drawing or painting or any other such artistic endeavours in my life for the last several months (or maybe years), I had not been to Art Friend in a really, really long time. 

Yesterday evening I had this urge to sketch some thing but discovered that I don't even have basic necessities like pencils! So I decided to pay a visit to Art Friend so that I can equip myself with pencils in anticipation of a sketching bug that might bite any time. 

And really, visiting Art Friend was like visiting paradise! I was just amazed at all the stuff they had! On top of everything related to art that I am already aware of , they had things like water soluble oil paints (!!) and erasers that you can mould into any shape that you want to enable precision corrections on your drawings! Wow! 

I spent half an hour there, dreamy eyed and going dizzy looking at everything around me. It took all my will power to not buy anything that I was certain I wouldn't use immediately. So I forced myself to walk out with just the pencils I had gone in for. 

But those 30 minutes were just mind boggling! Art Friend - what an awesome, awesome place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment