Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 92: The Diet & Exercise Regime - 10 Day Progress!

I had written about the new diet &  exercise regime that I had embarked on and after 10 days on it, it was time to take a look at the results!

But before I share the results, let me be forthright with a few important points:

1) I wasn't very true to the diet. I had decided to "take a break" on weekends and public holidays... you know, in true holiday spirit and all that. And in the first 10 days, there were 5 such "break" days. Sigh.

2) My exercise was also not too awesome. Even though I did exercise 8 out of the 10 days, I only walked (about 3.2km each day) for 5 of those days, with the remaining 3 being Bikram Yoga. And I honestly believe that while walking is indeed better than doing nothing, it isn't gonna help me tonnes in my mission. I gotta add in more hot yoga days to my regime!

To put it in a nutshell, I think I would give myself about 5 points out 10 in terms of how well I stuck to the regime.

And here are the results.

While I had not dropped kilos any further vs. the previous update, I have now lost a total of 3 inches! Yippee!! This is my lowest postpartum statistics, even better than my pre-India-trip numbers!

Awesomeness! I am indeed thrilled!

Now the real challenge is to keep this progress up. With my maternity leaving coming to an end and a new, more hectic schedule beginning, I will need to figure how things go.

But for today, this small success is more than enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment