Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27: Food, Friends & Us!

Like every Sunday, our small family of three set out together for our weekly outing today.

Today's agenda was lunch at Muthu's curry with my cinematographer friend (i.e. cinematographer of my films It's Magic, Mausams and Inganeyum Oru Katha) and his brother. Over some biriyani rice, crispy ladies finder, masala chicken, chicken 65, mushroom masala and lime soda, we discussed food, movies and life in general. We also got into an agreement that I will write the screenplay for a short film based on a short story by my cinematographer, which he would then direct and produce. That would be fun! I have converted short stories to scripts for the stage before, but never for the screen, so that would be a creative learning process!

After the lunch, during which the little one was extremely well behaved, we got back home and rested.

In the evening, it was time for our "couple" time. Another weekly routine, which usually takes place on Saturdays but given the hubby's trip to Hong Kong, had to be postponed to Sunday this week.

The couple time was spent by
a) Having dinner at our new discovery "Five & Dime" where we had delicious Mushroom soup, Mentaiko Pasta (super yum except for the cod roe sprinkled on top, of which I am not a fan), Fish & Chips (great Fish, but oily chips) and very very yummy "Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake".
b) Taking a long walk from Five and Dime to Clarke Quay in search of a cab.
c) Visiting the temple and catching a bit of the Thaipoosam celebrations on the way! Every time I watch the Thaipoosam celebrations in Singapore, I am wowed! It must take some crazy devotion for people to go on a 5-km march, with spears and skewers piercing through their cheeks and backs, carrying super heavy kavadis, and singing, dancing and playing drums along the way. It is one major cultural phenomenon and I am very glad that I could catch it this year too!

Another lovely day spent with great food, fun friends and my happy little family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment